🍀 Cheers to the Irish! When it comes to drinking, they don’t mess around. From shenanigans to whiskey business, this list of funny Irish drinking team names will have you laughing ’til you’re shamrocked! 🍻 While you’re here though, you might be interested in finding a well-known drinking toast to go with your funny Irish drinking team name, or perhaps some great Irish drinking songs to play while sinking a few pints of the black stuff!
Top 20 Funny Irish Drinking Team Names
As a group of Irish drinking enthusiasts, we take our team names seriously. After all, it’s the first thing people will see when we show up to the pub for trivia night or a friendly competition. So, we’ve scoured the internet and put together a list of our top 10 favorite funny Irish drinking team names.
- Pinch Perfect: We love this name because it’s a play on words that incorporates the Irish tradition of pinching those who don’t wear green on St. Patrick’s Day. Plus, it’s perfect for a team of skilled beer pong players. One of our favorite funny Irish drinking team names.
- Lucky Leprechauns: This classic name never gets old. It’s simple, catchy, and brings to mind the image of a group of mischievous leprechauns causing trouble at the local pub.
- Green with Envy: If you’re looking for a name that’s both clever and slightly intimidating, this one is for you. It’s perfect for a team that’s confident in their drinking abilities and ready to take on any challengers.
- Team Eejits: In Ireland, the word “eejit” is used to describe someone who’s a bit foolish or silly. So, why not embrace the term and make it your team name? It’s a fun way to show that you don’t take yourselves too seriously. One of our favorite funny Irish drinking team names.
- Irish I Had Beer: This punny name is a crowd-pleaser. It’s a great choice for a team that’s always up for a good time and doesn’t take themselves too seriously. One of our favorite funny Irish drinking team names because its a hilarious pun.
- Envy on the Rocks: This name is perfect for a team that loves their drinks on the rocks. It’s a clever play on words that incorporates the idea of envy and the classic way to enjoy a whiskey.
- Lucky Charms: This name is a nod to the classic cereal and the idea of luck that’s often associated with Ireland. It’s a fun and lighthearted name that’s sure to get a few laughs.
- Pinches Be Crazy: Another name that incorporates the Irish tradition of pinching and is a twist of another sayings b*****s be crazy. This one is perfect for a team that’s a bit wild and crazy. It’s a fun way to show that you’re not afraid to let loose and have a good time. One of our favorite funny Irish drinking team names because pinches do be crazy 😀
- The Fighting Irish: This name is a classic for a reason. It’s a nod to the famous Notre Dame football team and the Irish spirit of never giving up. Plus, it’s a great way to intimidate your opponents.
- The Lucky Ones: This name is perfect for a team that feels grateful for their good fortune and wants to spread some positivity. It’s a simple and catchy name that’s sure to put a smile on everyone’s face.
- Shamrock Shenanigans: Is there any better way to celebrate your Irish heritage than with a clever play on words? With a name like Shamrock Shenanigans, you’ll be bringing the fun wherever you go!
- Paddy’s Prodigies: Give your team a touch of irony with a name like this. We’re sure Paddy would be very proud of his prodigies… maybe. One of our favorite funny Irish drinking team names because all Irish people are prodigies.
- Guinness Gurus: Do you consider yourself a connoisseur of the famed Irish brew? Then you might fancy being a part of the Guinness Gurus! Bonus points if your trivia knowledge is as good as your beer knowledge.
- Leaping Leprechauns: A whimsical choice that pays homage to one of Ireland’s most legendary figures. Be careful, though, as your opponents might start looking for your pot of gold!
- Celtic Chaos: For teams that are always causing a ruckus and having a grand time, this one’s for you. Celtic Chaos has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?
- Blarney Stone Brawlers: According to Irish tradition, anyone who kisses the Blarney Stone is granted the gift of eloquence. Well, if your eloquence shines best during a pub quiz, the Blarney Stone Brawlers might just be your perfect match.
- Jameson Jokers: We all know that one team that’s more focused on the craic than the competition. If that’s you, why not consider the name Jameson Jokers?
- Irish I Was Drinking: An excellent choice for those who love a good pun. It’s funny, catchy, and lets everyone know you’re here to have a good time. One of our favorite funny Irish drinking team names as it is hilarious too.
- The Tipsy Clovers: Combine luck and libations, and you’ve got The Tipsy Clovers, a name that’s perfect for a team that loves both beer and good fortune.
- Whiskey Wisecracks: If your team is as sharp with words as they are with whiskey glasses, Whiskey Wisecracks could be the name for you.
So, there you have it, our top 20 favorite funny Irish drinking team names. Whether you’re a group of seasoned pub-goers or just getting started, these names are sure to make your team stand out. Cheers to a good time!
Irish-Inspired Names for Your Drinking Team
If you’re looking for a fun and unique name for your drinking team, why not go with an Irish-inspired name? Not only will it pay homage to the land of Guinness and whiskey, but it will also add a bit of humor and personality to your team.
Here are some Irish-inspired names that we think would be perfect for your drinking team:
- Boondock Saints: Inspired by the cult classic Irish-American film, this name is perfect for a group of rough and tumble drinkers.
- Shenani-gals: A play on the word “shenanigans,” this name is perfect for an all-female drinking team that knows how to have a good time.
- Hooli-girls: A nod to the rowdy and boisterous Irish fans, this name is perfect for a team that likes to get loud and rowdy.
- The Sandra Bolloxed: This name is a play on the Irish slang term “bolloxed,” which means drunk. It’s perfect for a team that likes to get a little wild and crazy.
- Dublin Darlings: A classic Irish-inspired name, this is perfect for a team that wants to pay tribute to the Emerald Isle.
- River Dance Moms: Inspired by the famous Irish step dance, this name is perfect for a group of moms who know how to let loose and have a good time.
- Blarney and Friends: A play on the famous Irish landmark, the Blarney Stone, this name is perfect for a group of friends who like to talk their way out of trouble.
- Irish Wristwatch: A tongue-twister inspired by the Irish accent, this name is perfect for a team that likes to have a good laugh.
- Eric: This name might not seem Irish-inspired at first, but it’s actually a reference to the famous Irish actor, Liam Neeson. In the film “Taken,” Neeson’s character famously says, “I have a particular set of skills.” This name is perfect for a team that likes to show off their drinking skills.
- Sham Rockers: A play on the famous Irish symbol, the shamrock, this name is perfect for a team that likes to rock out while they drink.
No matter which name you choose, make sure it reflects your team’s personality and sense of humor. Sláinte!
Irish People Just Want to Have Fun (and Drinks)
When it comes to drinking, Irish people know how to have a good time. And what better way to do that than by forming a kickass Irish drinking team.
First things first, let’s talk about a team name. Irish people want something that’s catchy, funny, and represents them as a group of people that sham-rock.
Now, let’s talk about the drinking game strategy. We want to make sure we are not just having fun, but also winning. Start with a round of beer pong to get the party started. And when it comes to shots, go for something strong and Irish, like Jameson or Bushmills. We’ll also make sure to pace ourselves and stay hydrated with plenty of water.
But let’s not forget the most important part of any Irish drinking team: the outfits. We want to make sure we look good while we’re kicking butt and taking names. How about matching green tank tops. And of course, we’ll need some shamrock headbands to complete the look.
The Importance of a Funny Irish Drinking Team Name
When it comes to drinking, we all know that having a good time is the ultimate goal. But what if we told you that having a good drinking team name can make all the difference? That’s right, a great team name can set the tone for the entire night and make your party the talk of the town. Here are a few reasons why having a good drinking team name is so important:
- Beer Pressure: Let’s face it, sometimes we need a little extra motivation to keep drinking. A funny team name can provide just that. When you’re wearing a t-shirt that says “Whiskey Business” or “The Patty O’Furnitures,” you’re more likely to keep the party going and push yourself to drink more.
- Party Vibes: A good drinking team name can set the tone for the entire night. If you want to have a wild and crazy party, a name like “The Booze Hounds” or “The Drunk Tank” can get everyone in the mood to let loose. On the other hand, if you’re looking for a more laid-back vibe, a name like “The Sipsters” or “The Wine Wizards” can set a more relaxed tone.
- Memorable Moments: Let’s be honest, we all want to create memorable moments when we’re drinking. A funny team name can help you do just that. Whether it’s taking a group photo in your matching t-shirts or chanting your team name as you take a shot, a good name can make your night unforgettable.
So, there you have it. The importance of a funny drinking team name cannot be overstated. Whether you’re trying to create a wild party atmosphere or just looking to have a good time with friends, a funny Irish team names can make all the difference. So, grab a pint of Guinness and start brainstorming your perfect team name!
Shenanigans and More Shenanigans
When it comes to funny Irish drinking team names, we can’t forget about the classic term “shenanigans.” It’s the perfect word to describe the antics that are sure to ensue when a group of Irish folks get together for a night of drinking.
But why stop at just shenanigans? Let’s take it up a notch with “Dublin Our Luck.” This name plays on the phrase “doubling our luck,” but with a nod to the Irish capital city. It’s a great choice for a team that’s feeling lucky and ready to take on the competition.
Another option is “Whiskey Business.” This name combines the popular Irish spirit with a play on the phrase “busy business.” It’s a clever choice for a team that’s serious about their drinking, but also knows how to have a good time.
If you want to go for a more punny name, consider “Unlucky Livers.” This name plays on the phrase “unlucky in love,” but with a twist that’s sure to make your fellow drinkers chuckle.
And of course, we can’t forget about “Shamrocked.” This name is a play on the word “rocked,” but with a nod to the iconic Irish symbol. It’s a great choice for a team that’s ready to party and show off their Irish pride.
No matter which name you choose, just remember to drink responsibly and have fun. Sláinte!